IBM Worldwide Ecosystems and OpenTech, Austin, TX (Remote)
Senior Manager, Open Source Development and Developer Advocacy, November 2021-Present
Leads an incredible team of open source developers focused on supporting open source projects around the world with a special focus around operators, runtimes, open data, and ai.
IBM Quantum, Yorktown, NY (Remote)
Program Manager, Workforce Advocacy, June 2020 - November 2021
I am responsible for maintaining a unified and cohesive quantum computing workforce advocacy program across two divisions, IBM Systems and IBM Research, through training and career development opportunities.
- Built the task management strategy for the Workforce Advocacy team in Trello and designed a cadence of accountability through weekly team syncs and delegation of tasks, monthly backlog gardening sessions, and quarterly planning activities, leading the team through various design thinking sessions as needed to identify priorities and goals.
- Built an Individual Development Program for IBM Quantum, securing funding and finance process from two separate business units and since launching in June 2021 I’ve secured finance pre-approval for over $6k in learning and personal development resources for IBM Quantum employees, ensuring all of this personal learning builds on the goals of IBM Quantum.
- Regularly consult with IBM Quantum leadership to ensure the strategy of the Qiskit community team aligns with leadership’s goals in product adoption through making the Research Program accessible to former interns, community outreach through connecting the community team to key external communities, and diversity, equity and inclusion through building a code of conduct enforcement task force, outreach to strategic external user groups, and refining the community outreach strategy on the public slack organization.
- Built an intern advisory board to help identify and foster leadership within the internship class and mentored the interns throughout their internship to identify areas where they can make an impact and ensured opportunity to showcase their abilities to leadership and through delegating leadership of the advisory board to the interns themselves including the mentorship of P-Tech interns.
- Contributed updates to the Qiskit code of conduct, enacting code of conduct enforcement strategies and setting in place a main repo for the CoC to aid in future maintenance.
IBM Center for Open Source Data and Ai Technologies, San Jose, CA (Remote)
Developer Advocate, April 2016 - June 2020
- Managed the editorial process for our blog posts on external and internal blogs, editing for tone and improving strategy to increase product adoption.
- Ran weekly “presentation help” office hours to mentor IBMers, mostly other developer advocates, data scientists, and developers, in support of their efforts to present at events and workshops. I continue to maintain documentation for the community and continue to advise developer advocates in the community via the Slack channel I built. The community has grown to over 450 IBMers worldwide and continues to help people achieve their public speaking goals.
- Lead the team’s strategy around open source ethical AI developer advocacy. Built reporting on the team’s overall successes in advocacy for open source trusted Ai, running a monthly internal meeting to share out info about AI bias, explainability and transparency, and represented IBM on the LF AI Trusted AI Committee, etc.
- I delivered technical presentations at tech conferences and events to software developers and data scientists around the world, reaching over 10k developers.
- Made regular contributions to open source software and open source communities to strengthen the projects and documentation, and ensure the communities IBM engaged in were safe and productive places to work.
AWARDS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Board Member, Vermont Technology Alliance: 2019 - Present
- Co-Organizer, Women in Machine Learning and Data Science: 2019 - Present
- Won “Tech Ambassador” Award at Vermont Tech Jam in 2018, Finalist in 2017.
- Organized tech conferences: Burlington Ruby (2013, 2014), UX Burlington (2015, 2017), Offline Camp NY (2016), Vermont Code Camp (2017, 2018, 2019), Abstractions (2019), Vermont Women in Data Science (2019, 2020)
- Executive Fellow, BTV Ignite: 2016 - 2019
- Board of Advisors, LaunchVT: 2015 - 2017
- VT Senate Social Media Privacy Study Committee, Business Community Representative: 2013
- Women Organized Against Rape, Certified Crisis Support Counselor: Feb 2004-Jan 2006
Girl Develop It Burlington, Burlington, VT
Founder/Co-Leader, October 2012 – Nov 2018
- Chartered and co-lead local 1200 member chapter of Girl Develop It - a non-profit that offers technical workshops and social events with the goal of increasing tech literacy among women.
- Recruited and managed a volunteer team that worked together to run chapter operations, hired and onboarded a chapter co-leader in mid-2015.
- Served as working group leader to edit, write, and deploy the GDI international Code of Conduct: http://girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct
- Coached and mentored new leadership of my local chapter and transitioned the chapter to two chapter volunteers in 2017, continuing to act in an advisory position to the local and national leadership through 2018.
- Taught workshops and classes and maintained the curriculum via GitHub for each, including Intro to the Command Line, Intro to Git/GitHub, Intro to Web Concepts, recruited and trained new teachers and oversaw new curriculum development.
Dealer.com/Cox Automotive, Burlington, VT
QA Engineer, December 2012 – April 2016
- Trained new QA engineers/testers and new developers as needed, assisted with hiring/recruiting events. Participated in 5 company sponsored hackathons. Participated in UX review sessions and Lean UX Workshops.
- Conducted sprint testing within a scaled agile framework using exploratory, functional, automated, and regression test methods. Worked with Product Owner(s) to build test plans for exploratory and regression testing for web and mobile applications.
- Member of a developer productivity focused scrum team that identifies areas to strengthen test and production environments for the engineering organization.
- Used Jira and Rally for task lifecycle tracking.
- Promoted to engineering in August 2014 after 1.5 years in technical support.
DevelopSense Course, Taught by Michael Bolton
“Rapid Software Testing,” October 2015
- Learned testing skills that can be applied to any software, in any amount of time, under any conditions, such that the testing work stands up to scrutiny.
- More info: http://www.developsense.com/courses/RapidSoftwareTesting.pdf
La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Graduated 2005
Minored in Art History and Digital Art and Multimedia Design